Principal and teacher turnover
In 2019, a Newark Public Schools teacher filed a lawsuit against the former Sussex Avenue principal Darleen Gearhart alleging harassment, retaliation, and discrimination in the workplace. The lawsuit is ongoing.
The Newark school board approved the 10 promotions in June.
District officials hope the pay increase will attract new teachers and boost morale among current teachers.
As schools open with changes this week, Newark students react to new teachers, principals, and school policies
Two rows of cars lined the front entrance of Science Park High School at 2:40 p.m. on Tuesday as parents waited to pick up their children after the first day of school.
With school starting in less than a month, Newark Public Schools has announced its principal lineup for the year. The changes means that almost a quarter of Newark Public Schools will have new leaders in the upcoming year.
Find your next education job.
- Rocky Mountain Prep: RMP Teaching Fellowship (2022-2023)
- Rocky Mountain Prep: Special Education Teaching Assistant – ($20/hour and 2k Signing Bonus)
- Poudre School District: Teacher, Early Childhood Integrated Services at Harris Bilingual Elementary
- DREAM: [2022-2023] AP Seminar Teacher
- New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute: Senior Director, New York Works for Children