After two years of learning disruptions, teachers at KIPP Rise Academy are learning how to deal with the emotional and social challenges of pandemic-era teaching through mental health intervention exercises.
Some families are scrambling to pay unexpected costs, and worry about where their children will go to school next year, after the state closed University Heights Charter School.
Malcolm X Shabazz High School in Newark has struggled with violence and low academic achievement for years, even as parents and employees pleaded for help.
We read Roger León’s Clarity 2020 plan for Newark’s schools so you don’t have to. Here’s what to expect in the next year.
Roger León’s Clarity 2020 plan for Newark schools has 168 action items. We’ve broken them down so students, parents, and educators can know what to expect in the upcoming year.
If you value Chalkbeat, consider making a donation
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn’t possible without your help.
Find your next education job.
- Poudre School District: Camp SOL Summer Teacher and Tutor Positions
- Poudre School District: Teacher Elementary Special Education – Eyestone Elementary
- Poudre School District: Director of Safety and Security Services
- District of Columbia Public Schools: Teacher – All Subjects
- VOICE Charter School: VOICE CHARTER SCHOOL TEACHER HIRING DAY – TUESDAY, APRIL 4TH